Dear BigONE users, due to the recent issues with the Google 2FA, here are some FAQ regarding Google 2FA:
1. Please make sure to keep the Private Key of the Google 2FA safe in case your phone is lost. With the Private Key safely stored, you can always download Google Verifier on a new device and re-enter the Private Key to bind your Google 2FA again. For more details please refer to Google Verification.
2. If you lose your Google 2FA for an account that has no deposit history and did not have the Private Key with you, please submit a ticket and submit the following information in the ticket: (The ID used in this ticket should be the same ID you used when registered the said account)
1) Passport Front Cover
2) Passport Rear Cover
3) A photo with you hand-holding your passport and a note with handwriting request to reset your Google 2FA and the date on which you submitted this ticket.
We will send you a 2FA reset link after the information is verified. Please wait patiently.
3. If you lose your Google 2FA for an account that has deposit history and did not have the Private Key with you, please submit a ticket and do the following steps:
1) Please provide proof of any deposit records that is within the most recent month;
2) Complete another transaction with the same address and the same asset, and then provide TXID and screenshot of the transaction. (The transaction address and receiving address of the transaction need to be the same as the deposit record provided in step 1);
3) If you have completed the above two steps, there will be a one-week holding period. We will send you a Google Reset Mail if no other users apply for the re-verification of the same account during this week.
Note: Google 2FA is the baseline of defense for account security, for asset safety considerations, we need you to conduct a series of actions to ensure the safety of your account. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.
4. If you lost the Private Key of the Google 2FA and planning for a Google 2FA reset, you can to "Setting" after log into your account.
If you have any doubts about using Google 2FA, please seek help in the Help Center, thank you for your cooperation.
Due to the recent large volume of tickets, tickets that do not submit any screenshots or related information will be treated with lower priority.
Since you disabled comments on the article related to Google authentication topic I'm commenting here. It's misleading and incorrect information. The secret code is only for individual accounts that the Google authentication holds, thus if you reset your phone, you cant recover anything from the app. You need a second phone or a picture for the QR Code. The secret code is not for Google authentication code recovery. Sadly it's flawed.
can you help mee https://help.big.one/hc/en-us/requests/21057
Please sign in to leave a comment.